HARRISBURG, Pa. (WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Division of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike Fee are advising drivers to prevent unneeded travel for the duration of the storm.
Efficient at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 16, auto limitations are prepared for the next roadways at Tier 2 of the commonwealth’s weather conditions event auto restriction plan:
- All interstates south of Interstate 80, not like Interstate 80
- PA Turnpike I-76 (Mainline) from the Ohio border to the New Jersey border, together with all western extensions
- PA Turnpike Northeast Extension (I-476) from I-276 to I-80
- The overall size of U.S. 22 and
- The whole size of Route 33.
Efficient at 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 16, vehicle constraints are planned for the subsequent roadways at Tier 2 of the commonwealth’s climate celebration vehicle restriction program:
- All interstates north of I-80, which includes I-80 and
- PA Turnpike Northeast Extension (I-476) from I-80 to Clarks Summit.
Successful at 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 16, vehicle limits are planned for the following roadways at Tier 3 of the commonwealth’s weather party automobile restriction system:
- I-70 east of I-79 and
Helpful at 11 p.m. Sunday, January 16, vehicle constraints are prepared for the pursuing roadways at Tier 3 of the commonwealth’s weather conditions event motor vehicle restriction plan:
- I-81 north of I-84
- I-84 and
Under Tier 2 restrictions, the adhering to automobiles are not permitted on afflicted roadways:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or flippantly loaded enclosed trailers, open up trailers or tank trailers
- Tractors towing loaded tandem trailers unless there are chains or one more permitted Alternate Traction Device on board
- Enclosed cargo supply vehicles that satisfy the definition of a CMV
- Passenger cars (autos, SUV’s, pickup vehicles, and so forth.) towing trailers
- Leisure vehicles/motorhomes
- Faculty buses, commercial buses and motor coaches and
- buses, business buses and motor coaches and
On roadways with Tier 3 limits in position, no industrial automobiles are permitted except loaded one trailers with chains or approved Alternate Traction Devices. Furthermore, all university buses, business buses, motor coaches, motorcycles, RVs/motorhomes and passenger autos (vehicles, SUVs, pickup vans, etc.) towing trailers are not permitted on impacted roadways though limitations are in location.
If travel is required, use warning, decrease speeds and be knowledgeable of altering weather conditions disorders. PennDOT will pre-deal with roadways before the storm to aid avoid ice. On the other hand, salt is not a silver bullet, and motorists could experience icy spots. With freezing temperatures, roadways that glimpse moist may possibly essentially be icy, and excess caution is desired when on bridges and freeway ramps in which ice can sort without warning.
Motorists really should prepare or restock their emergency kits with goods such as non-perishable meals, water, to start with-aid provides, warm outfits, a blanket, mobile mobile phone charger and a modest snow shovel. Drivers must tailor their kits to any specific desires that they or their people have such as little one provides, excess medication and pet materials.
When winter temperature takes place, motorists should really be extra careful all around working snow-elimination devices. When encountering a plow truck, motorists should really: remain at least 6 auto lengths guiding, be inform, shift as significantly away from the heart of the street as feasible when a plow truck is traveling towards you, in no way consider to pass or get between numerous vehicles plowing side by facet, by no means travel future to a plow truck because there are blind places, and retain your lights on.
For much more data on secure winter journey, visit www.PennDOT.gov/protection.