MIAMI BEACH, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Stars will descend upon Miami during the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF®) next week, February 24-27, 2022. The Festival will not only feature culinary greats such as Guy Fieri, Rachael Ray and José Andrés but will also see major star power with the likes of Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine and his wife, former Victoria Secret Model, Behati Prinsloo, Eva Longoria, French Montana, Kate Hudson, and more as they arrive at the magic city to showcase their skills during the nation’s largest wine and food event.
The Festival will safely welcome food and drink aficionados to savor bites and sips from a diverse roster of 400+ renowned chefs, culinary and lifestyle personalities, winemakers, and spirits producers. Highly anticipated outdoor walk-around events include:
- The Mayor of Flavortown himself, Guy Fieri, will host the NEW Coke Zero Sugar presents Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives LIVE highlighting more than 25 classic eateries featured on the hit show. (Thursday, February 24)
- Red Stripe Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® hosted by Rachael Ray and José Andrés will feature the country’s best burger joints over two sessions – all vying for top honors as awarded by a star-studded judging panel. Judges include NBC’s TODAY Show Al Roker, Grammy Award-winner and frontman of legendary group RUN DMC Rev Run, three-time NBA Champion Dwyane Wade, TV personality Kalen Allen, Food Network star Jeff Mauro, Tik-Tok creator and Founder of The Golden Balance, Ahmad Alzahabi, chef and restaurateur Melba Wilson, Founder & CEO of The Points Guy, Brian Kelly and FIU’s new head football coach Mike MacIntyre. (Friday, February 25)
- One of TikTok’s top U.S. food content all-stars and the youngest-ever finalist on MasterChef, Nick DiGiovanni, will host Hallandale Beach Food & Groove: A Wine, Food and Art Experience presented by Consorzio DOC delle Venezie Pinot Grigio part of the Hallandale Beach Event Series. (Saturday, February 26)
- A match made in heaven: Tacos & Tequila presented by Tequila Cazadores hosted by Aarón Sánchez will celebrate various iterations of Mexico’s most iconic dish and 100 years of Tequila Cazadores on the sands of Miami Beach. (Saturday, February 26)
- Make It Miami: A 305-Inspired Tapas & Craft Cocktail Party hosted by Michelle Bernstein and Gio Gutierrez presented by Outfront Media part of the Miami Design District Event Series will showcase the bright, bold, and beautifully diverse bites and cocktails Miami is renowned for. (Saturday, February 26)
- Join your favorite Food Network & Cooking Channel chefs and culinary personalities LIVE for two action-packed days of food and fun for foodies of all ages at the Goya Foods’ Family Fun Fest featuring Kidz Kitchen part of the Hallandale Beach Event Series. (Saturday, February 26 & Sunday, February 27)
- Get a front row seat to performances by Miami’s most beloved drag queens during ABSOLUT® Vodka presents Drag Brunch hosted by Kalen Allen featuring Mistresses of Ceremonies Kim Chi & Athena Dion, with special guests David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris. (Sunday, February 27)
- Celebrate South Florida’s bright and vivacious Latin culture at the historic Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables during Goya Foods’ Swine & Wine hosted by Robert Irvine and Fernando Desa. (Sunday, February 27)
- The ultimate beach party returns with BACARDĺ Carnival hosted by Andrew Zimmern featuring refreshing cocktails from Bombay Sapphire, Tequila Cazadores, Dewar’s, D’ussé, Grey Goose, and Patrón. (Sunday, February 27)
Close out Sunday Funday during 3-5 on Ocean Drive featuring the David Grutman Experience! Curated by the nightlife and hospitality empresario himself, David Grutman, this 360-experience will turn the Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village courtyard into a mini music festival with high-energy beats and special performances by Gianluca Vacchi, the Italian DJ and Instagram sensation, and superstar rapper French Montana. Guest can also experience Cecilia.ai – an avatar, and the only interactive robotic bartender powered by artificial intelligence – at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management booth during Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village on Saturday, February 26 and Sunday, February 27.
To ensure the safety of Festival-goers and Festival staff, SOBEWFF® has hired BioScent Detection Dogs to screen for COVID-19. As part of the entry requirements, all attendees must complete a digital health screening through SymCheck. This includes attestation of either: a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the event OR completed vaccination plus presentation of a cleared SymCheck QR Code. For full details on the Festival’s Health & Safety Protocols, visit sobewff.org/health-safety-protocols.
Looking to travel from The Palm Beaches or Fort Lauderdale area? Brightline is the best way to get to the Festival. Groups of four or more can save 25% on SMART fares with promo code: ALLABOARD. Enjoy a first-class ride to and from MiamiCentral Station by adding on Brightline+ for a seamlessly transportation experience. For more information on transit and parking, visit www.sobewff.org/transit-parking.
To date, the Festival has raised more than $31.8 million in support of its educational mission to cultivate the future leaders of the hospitality industry at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University (FIU). Between SOBEWFF® and its sister NYCWFF, more than $45 million has been raised to benefit the respective charities of each Festival. Beyond the funds raised, both Festivals draw attention to the vibrant dining cultures of their respective cities, provide economic stimulus in their communities, and serve as a platform to drive awareness and engagement for a wide array of philanthropic activities.
About the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One
EAT. DRINK. EDUCATE. All proceeds from the Festival benefit the students of the Florida International University Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management who also assist Festival organizers with sponsorship fulfillment, restaurant and exhibitor recruitment, logistics, and inventory as well as working alongside some of the world’s greatest celebrity chefs and winemakers. To date, SOBEWFF® has raised more than $31.8 million for the School. In November 2021, BizBash named the Festival the #1 Food & Restaurant Industry event in the United States for the eighth year in a row.
The South Beach Wine & Food Festival® is produced by Florida International University and Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, with the support of the Miami Beach Visitors & Convention Authority and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs. For more information about the Festival, visit sobewff.org or call 877-762-3933. For more information about Florida International University visit fiu.edu, for the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management visit hospitality.fiu.edu and for more information about Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits visit southernglazers.com.