Columbus’ two airports are anticipating a history summer for air journey, and you can be aspect of it by flying immediately to The Big Apple, The Huge Straightforward, The Windy City or Sin City.
You can also now take a look at — with no a layover — what has been named the “Are living Audio Funds of the Environment” (Austin, Texas) and the “Smithsonian of the South” (Raleigh, North Carolina).
John Glenn Columbus International Airport and Rickenbacker Intercontinental Airport have expanded their nonstop flight choices in the previous two a long time, and have strike a milestone of 50 nonstop locations throughout North The us.
Below are the not long ago additional nonstop flight choices (all go away from John Glenn):
- Raleigh and Durham, North Carolina through Breeze Airways
- Orange County, California through Breeze Airways (seasonal)
- Providence, Rhode Island by using Breeze Airways
- Austin, Texas by means of Southwest
The Columbus Regional Airport Authority, which operates the John Glenn and Rickenbacker airports, is anticipating summertime air journey volumes this year to thoroughly rebound from pandemic levels and surpass the report-breaking time in 2019.
The authority is projecting about 1 million scheduled departing airline seats in between June 1 and July 31. That is when compared to 996,000 seats for the duration of the exact time period of time in 2019.
“We’ve witnessed nearly all our routes return that have been dropped throughout the pandemic,” stated Betsy Taylor, supervisor of passenger airline company growth for the airport authority. “This summer season is predicted to be active, with airways traveling more substantial aircraft into our region.”
Prior to the coronavirus pandemic, about half of the travellers flying out of Columbus ended up touring for leisure, in accordance to the authority.
At the starting of 2022, Taylor reported that leisure tourists had come to be the obvious majority, and the authority responded by incorporating much more flights to well-liked getaway places — like nonstop flights to Miami or Cancun, Mexico.
“Leisure journey is however robust, but business journey has been returning,” Taylor explained to The Dispatch previously this thirty day period. “Work vacation is looking a little bit distinct these times, with some passengers purposefully hunting to prolong their business travel into a leisure vacation. The field has been referring to this as ‘bleisure’ journey.”
Below are some sunny places you can fly to directly from Columbus airports this summer season (some are seasonal, but all are presented in July 2023):
- Atlanta through Delta or Southwest
- Cancun by way of American, Southwest or Vacation Express
- Charleston, South Carolina by way of Allegiant or Breeze
- Charlotte, North Carolina by means of American
- Dallas and Fort Well worth, Texas by means of American or Southwest
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida by way of Allegiant, Southwest or Spirit
- Houston through Southwest or United
- Jacksonville, Florida by using Breeze
- Las Vegas by using Southwest or Spirit
- Los Angeles by means of Spirit
- Miami by way of American
- Myrtle Seaside, South Carolina via Allegiant or Southwest
- Nashville by means of Southwest
- New Orleans by means of Breeze or Spirit
- Orlando, Florida by means of Allegiant, Frontier, Southwest or Spirit
- Phoenix through American or Southwest
- San Francisco via United
- Tampa, Florida through Allegiant or Southwest
The airport authority keeps an updated record of nonstop flights.
If you’re keen to travel to Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Worldwide Airport (the most affordable parking ton is $9 for every day), that airport offers more than 50 nonstop locations, including some Columbus is not connected to immediately.
A few of people destinations with heat weather conditions include things like Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Los Cabos, Mexico Savannah, Ga and some Florida destinations like Fort Myers and Critical West. You can also achieve London right from Cincinnati via British Airways.
Far more:Traveling this summer season is heading to be pricey, but Ohioans however approach to do a ton of it