Table of Contents
As the Suns’ new forward settles into his life in Phoenix, he’s begun frequenting 1 certain restaurant. “I’ve been likely to Ocean 44 the past pair of weeks,” NBA star Kevin Durant explained to The Republic.
Brothers Jeff Mastro and Mike Mastro, their father Dennis and Scott Troilo operate Key Steak Ideas, which includes Ocean 44, Dominick Steakhouse, Steak 44 and Steak 48.
Positioned on Goldwater Boulevard just north of Camelback Highway, Ocean 44 is a posh cafe that features higher-high quality seafood and steak in a modern-day environment. The dining establishments was showcased on Open up Table’s Best 100 dining establishments in the region in 2022. Its 12,000 square foot eating room seats up to 400 friends in 6 personal eating suites, bar space and kitchen eating room, which overlooks the glass-encased kitchen area.
In 2020, ESPN reported that the NBA set regulations for restaurants to abide by prior to approving them for the teams’ dining. The restaurants essential to have a non-public dining place or a patio with a secure entrance and exit. At the time, it also demanded the staff to have on a mask and keep 6 feet distance unless completely important. At the time, 5 Phoenix eating places made the checklist: Ocean 44, North Italia, Chantico, Tomaso’s and Genuine Meals Kitchen. And Ocean 44, it appears, has remained a go-to place for players.
Take in like a local:100 crucial dining establishments in metro Phoenix
What is actually on the menu at Ocean 44?
Even though Ocean 44 is seafood forward, it also serves steaks, wine, spirits and cocktails.
The supper menu divides into the following sections:
- Uncooked bar with oysters, shrimp, Maine lobster and crab cocktails ($10 to $45)
- Appetizers, like wagyu beef tartare and crispy shrimp deviled eggs ($19 to $48)
- Wood roasted shellfish which include wood roasted minor neck clams and Spanish octopus ($29)
- Salads ($15 to $26)
- Fresh new Fish and seafood, which includes a crispy branzino filet ($44 to $58)
- Lobster and crab with New England lobster bake ($53 to $96)
- Steaks, such as New York strip, fillet mignon and 45-working day aged bone-in ribeye ($56 to $94)
- Potatoes and vegetable sides, which include fries, buttermilk whipped potatoes and shishito peppers ($12 to $36)
- Desserts like sorbet, peanut butter pie and s’mores in a jar ($11 to $19)
Ocean 44 gives a wine list, like a reserve menu scotch, bourbon and whiskey menus tequila and cognac lists together with craft beer and cocktails.
The cocktail menu features signature cocktails, this sort of as cucumber agave, produced with organic cucumber vodka, guava puree, contemporary-pressed lime juice, Paychaud bitters and Fever-Tree ginger beer and a range of martinis and previous fashioneds.
How to check out Ocean 44
The white desk cloth restaurant does have a costume code — button down shirts and jackets for adult men and sophisticated for women of all ages — so go away your athletic use at property.
Several hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 4 to 11 p.m., Sundays from 4 to 10 p.m.
Information: 4748 N. Goldwater Blvd, Scottsdale. 480-867-0044, ocean44.com.
Welcome to Phoenix, Kevin Durant:Here’s your bucket listing of very best matters to do in Arizona
Support neighborhood journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com currently.